Running some of the best spark plugs money can buy with a weak-sauce ignition system is not a recipe for success. Now the people who make E3 DiamondFIRE spark plugs make ignition system components that provide a powerful, reliable spark for street and race use.
E3 Racing Spark Plugs
Went at the races, E3’s engineers noticed mechanics were grinding and sharpening the ground electrodes on their spark plugs. This racer’s trick creates more angles on the plug’s electrode, improving spark discharge and combustion efficiency that bumped up horsepower.
E3 took that idea a big leap forward with the DiamondFIRE ground electrode on its Racing Spark Plugs. This patented edge-to-edge design is open at the end so the spark travels directly toward the air-fuel mixture, maximizing the burn. The result is a faster flame kernel and more complete combustion.
The innovative electrode tip also improves the way the flame is pulled into the combustion chamber. This increases the amount of combustion pressure created in the cylinder, which makes the plugs the ideal choice for high performance race applications. E3 Racing Spark Plugs feature a copper core for maximum spark conductivity and are available in several heat ranges.
DiamondFIRE 6CDI Digital Ignition
The DiamondFIRE 6CDI Digital Ignition delivers 525 volts and up to 130mJ of spark energy. It has digital microprocessor-controlled circuitry to deliver multiple sparks up to 3,000 RPM for faster acceleration and improved throttle response. Other features include:
• Single stage digital rev limiter can be set in 100 RPM increments up to 9,900 RPM
• Sequential (not random) fire start mode for easier/faster starting
• Draws only 0.7 amps per 1,000 RPM of engine speed
• Compatible with breaker points, electronic magnetic distributor, and crank trigger pickups
• Lightweight extruded aluminum housing
The DiamondFIRE 6CDI Digital Ignition is compatible with even-fire 4-, 6-, and 8-cylinder engines and 12-volt negative ground electrical systems. A wiring harness and mounting hardware are included.
Summit Racing also carries the DiamondFIRE External 2-Step Rev Control that is compatible with the 6CDI. Two easy to read rotary dials allow you to set the staging rev limit in 100 RPM increments. A bright LED indicator lets you know the unit is on even in low light conditions.
DiamondFIRE Racing Distributors
These distributors feature a high output magnetic pickup and an adjustable mechanical advance. The pickup’s shaft-mounted paddle wheel reluctor generates an accurate trigger signal at all RPM levels right up to redline. E3 is thoughtful enough to provide three sets of advance springs and four stop bushings so you can customize the advance curve to your specific application.
• CNC machined 6061-T6 heat treated aluminum housing
• Polished, centerless ground shaft with proprietary friction reducing coating to ensure smooth operation up to 10,000 RPM
• Upper sealed roller bearing and an extra-long bronze Oil-Lite lower bushing for smooth operation at high RPM
• Mechanical advance assembly with proprietary nitrocarburized treatment to reduce friction and provide a corrosion resistant finish
• Cam plate is TIG-welded to the top of the shaft assembly for reliability and longer life
• Cam plate has nylon rub pads for smooth advance movement
• Glass filled polyester (PBT) cap, rotor, and wire retainer that resist carbon tracking
The E3 DiamondFIRE distributors are available for small and big block Chevy V8; Ford 5.0L EFI; Ford 351W; Ford 351C; and Ford 429-460.
E3 Racing Ignition Coils
E3’s high performance coils are engineered to deliver the maximum voltage for all performance applications. Features include:
• Shock and vibration resistant
• High temperature epoxy provides excellent thermal conductivity
• Superior boot/terminal design protects from arc-over
• Extruded aluminum housing provides maximum cooling (depending on application)
DiamondFIRE Coils are available in universal high-output and high-output CD versions. Engine-specific coils for GM LS, Ford Modular V8, Ford 5.0L Coyote, and Chrysler Gen III Hemi are also available. We even have E3 ignition coils for vehicles running on natural gas.
DiamondFIRE Ignition Wires
E3's DiamondFIRE 8.5mm racing ignition wires are engineered to work with their patented spark plugs to deliver maximum spark to your engine. They feature a braided aramid base core and a Carblex outer core, plus nickel copper alloy conductors for exceptional spark energy transfer. Other features include:
• Class F40 spiral conductor
• Rated at 40 ohms per foot
• Silicone outer and inner jackets
• Stainless steel locking terminals
• Available with optional heat sleeving
DiamondFIRE ignition wires are available in direct-fit sets for small and big block Chevy, GM LS, and small block Ford, plus universal-fit sets.
SEE E3 IGNITION COMPONENTS AT SUMMIT RACING