Manufacturer's Part Number:
Summit Racing Part Number:
Brake Caliper Bracket Material:
Brake Caliper Bracket Finish:
Includes mounting hardware.
Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.
UMI Performance GM F-body C5/C6 brake conversion brackets are designed to mount 1997-2013 C5 or C6 front calipers and rotors to the 93-02 GM F-body spindle. These brackets are CNC laser cut from 3/8 in. thick mild steel. The CNC turned stand-offs are fully welded to the laser cut base for strength and a precision fit. The conversion brackets are supplied in a heavy duty black powder coat finish and each kit is includes Grade 10.9 mounting hardware and complete detailed installation instructions. As with all UMI Performance products, C5/C6 conversion brackets are manufactured proudly in the USA!
Benefits C5/C6 Brakes:
* Larger rotors absorb and radiate more heat, the C5 rotor is 1 in. larger than the LS1 rotor and 2 in. larger than the LT1 rotor. The C6 rotor is 1/2 in. larger than C5 rotors.
* Corvette rotors are directional, unlike the OEM LT1 and LS1 F-body rotors. Corvette rotors feature fins designed to advance air flow, allowing better cooling.
* Many aftermarket brake pad and rotor options are available for all types of driving.
Installation Requirements and Warnings:
* C5 brakes require a minimum 17 in. wheel for clearance, while C6 brakes require 18 in. wheels. All 1996 and newer F-body 17 in. wheels will work with the C5 brakes. If you are running a different wheel set up please research fitment before purchasing.
* Please note these are the adapter brackets only and to complete installation you must purchase rotors, calipers, abutment brackets, and pads separately.
* To install these brackets both LT1 and LS1 spindles require modifications. This simple modification can be done while the spindles are on the car and require a small amount of cutting and grinding. LS1 models require less cutting than LT1 models. Instructions are included.
The following wheels will not clear with this conversion kit, they may however clear with proper wheel spacers:
* Enkei Win wheels 17 in. x 9.5 in.
* 1993-94 SLP Firehawk wheels 17 in. x 9 in.
* Borbet Type T wheels 17 in. x 9.5 in.
* Forgeline RS reverse rim wheels
* Torque Thrust II wheels
* Konig Monsoon 17 in.