Manufacturer's Part Number:
Automatic Transmission Controllers
BD Diesel TowLoc Kits
Summit Racing Part Number:
Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.
These BD TowLocs monitor the operation of the vehicle speed, engine speed, and engine load to compute the optimum transmission control algorithm. This process controls transmission downshifting, as well as torque converter operation, for optimum results. You can also customize the units for the ultimate transmission control with an exhaust brake and/or engine modifications. The electronics are packaged in a weather-resistant enclosure for the engine compartment that taps into 10-12 sources for control and sensing. They can be modified by a BD-accredited Diamond installation facility or by a tech-savvy enthusiast with a laptop computer.
The TowLoc kits come preset with all of the following features:
* Programmable exhaust brake disengagement speed to reduce noise and engine load at idle
* Programmable torque converter lockup clutch engagement speed to prevent low-speed engine "chugging" with the torque converter lockup engaged
* Programmable automatic 4th to 3rd gear downshift
* Disengages lockup clutch during heavy throttle input to protect powertrain and prevent clutch slippage
* Vehicle-specific speed calibration
* Engine temperature-controlled exhaust brake warm-up feature
* PressureLoc delay engagement time and control
* Overdrive lockout to prevent lugging during low-speed driving
* Self-test cycles for exhaust brake, PressureLoc and shift functions programmable with a laptop connected "live" to the TowLoc while driving